Link click errors, how do I make them universal?

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Link click errors?

I am submitting links for indexing to my own wp blogs.

I setup a template for one blog and it seems to work 90% of the time but every so often I am getting: HTML element isn't found, according to search criteria.

Bulldozer told me briefly over skype I would have to widen the search criteria to make them universal.

It wasn't my main priority at the time so didn't inquire further then. It is still causing issues though, messing up almost every run so gotta fix it.

What do I do?

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm thinking this might be more to do with my internet not loading the pages quick enough.

Is the 'wait till exists' function on automatically in zenno? cos I know I had to add it in manually in winauto and with zenno it seemed to wait automatically usually tho I'm still getting more errors when my internet is slower.

So should I add a wait til function somewhere or something?

Благодарностей
Баллы
With templates anytime a page has to load/refresh it pays to use macro pauses. The debugger is way slower then the poster, the poster can plow thru a template fast then a website can respond.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
is there not a wait til webpage/whatever exists function as just slapping in random waits ive found inaccurate in the past with wintauto since its dependent on internet speed which varies alot. Too little and it screws up, too much and you waste time which could have been spent going thru the next phases f the project.

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
When i go for something better than just addding unspecific pauses, i insert a loop which searches for the element and if it can't find it, it waits a bit. I'll let it loop e.g. 3 times. If it fails after 3 tries i assume it wont't get better and i direct the template to an unusccessful end ()ogic branch: 1>2):

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hmm, so I can do a loop to tell it to keep trying? That would prob do the trick. Dunno how to do it yet tho as that was my first proper template.

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You can set ZennoPoster "attempts" to -1 which will run the template until is successfully completes...

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You can set ZennoPoster "attempts" to -1 which will run the template until is successfully completes...
No, I tried that, it's no good for me because it starts at the beginning again each time. The template runs through a list and submits urls to a list of my websites so I don't want it submitting twice/or starting form beginning as it is a waste of time. I would like it to either not make the error in 1st place :D or try again till it gets it right from the actual spot it failed.

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You will encounter all kinds of errors (proxy, too many connections, unforeseen website reaction when you trigger their bot detection, internet hickups, low bandwith/slow loading on any end of the net). You should better think now of ways to deal with it :-) because once your favorite template is 'finished' it's more difficult to insert fail-safes and fallbacks. My way is to log anything in a way, that an instance can read the log and continues where it failed last time. Once you do stuff this way, it's a bit less fun then just recording something on the fly and inserting just some random values for names etc afterwards. To get big templates stable a lot of management and planning-ahead is needed.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
My way is to log anything in a way, that an instance can read the log and continues where it failed last time.
Old thread but I'm looking through again for troubleshooting. What do you mean by this?

How does an instance continue form where it fialed? I thought it always starts form the beginning again? If you can resume from x point I'd lvoe to know this! :-) as it would be really useful.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
As for getting my templates stable I find it is always in a post debug stag where running it through in poster I get errors and will go back and do loops for each fail which seems to be working quite well at stabalizing parts it fails at. Thing is I seem to have to do a loop for EVERY SINGLE click step in a template as it seems to fial on all of them sooner or later. Is there not a more streamlined way to do this as I find the loop thing a rather roundabout way to fix things. A wait till exists function would be so much simpler.

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
you should not use loop for every single error... There are some things that can be solved with loop and other things that can not.

I use loop only in steps when there is no other way. You should know that sometimes things are dynamic and changing, in these cases you need to create negative exit to next set of search atributes.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well I only use it for cases where it would work to use it :D. I just wondered is there was a way to preempt these kind of link click errors in the 1st place because it takes alot of time to go through every single click one by one doing a loop for everything.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Aslo a way to do it without pauses, cos loops is better than pauses as pauses just slow the whole thing down when it mgiht not require it, whereas a loop doesnt but ti still isnt ideal.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)