Line ISN't Appended to file

crisdebourg

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Does Anyone know the possible cause why the login details aren't appended to file?

(I triple checked the steps based on the WP.com signup tutorial so there isn't the case of me being stupid. I encountered the issue while building a posterous template)
(also when I do the debug run sometimes the template can't locate the email login details)
Any suggestions will be more than welcomed!

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Could you write a macros which appends a line in your template or upload whole template

crisdebourg

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Here you ago. The full template is attached. Can you check it out and tell me what's wrong with it?

Thank you for helping me out!

Вложения

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I think your error is here:

{-File.AppendString-|-\Results\posterous here u left a space logins.txt

just delete the space

• Спасибо
Реакции: crisdebourg

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You also have a problem with your email processing. Your password should be the result of your step branch where you call for the password during sign up. Since you deleted the email and password line in that step branch, the email processing can't find the password to use with your string.split macro. You can change the value in your string.split branch for the password to 0 for don't delete the line in the file or use the example below.

In your template, use a step branch macro to pull the line 0 from the file and delete it. Then put in two macros to split the string into email and password. Then you can use the results of those two steps to fill in your login info and your email processing.

There's also something wrong with your regex in the email processing. You are getting carriage return characters in your result which will throw an error.

• Спасибо

crisdebourg

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I tried with saving the username instead of the email address (which gets removed from the list) and it doesn't work either

crisdebourg

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Here's your template fixed. I ran it through a couple of times before I figured out what it could be. Sometimes the parsed text for presence check isn't found for some reason. I had this problem on my hotmail creator. I ended up using the url of the page to check if it made it through or not and seems to be working alright. Added a couple of other touches that I had posted about before.

Remember to make a back up copy of your emails before running, and it's always a good idea to use proxies.

Посмотреть вложение Posterous Signup.xml

Good Luck

• Спасибо

crisdebourg

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you man! REALLY appreciate you taking the time and fixing the issue. Most definitely will go under its hood and see the mechanics.

Thanks again!

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)