Is "Restart Instance" Still Required to Release Memory at 5.29?

Cyrix

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
In earlier versions of ZP such as 5.9, memory usage would keep increasing until a "Restart Instance" action, which immediately reduces the memory usage for the project to minimum.
As a result, I put "Restart Instance" before every Page/URL action to keep memory usage as low as possible.

I also put it at the end of each project to make sure the memory is released when the project is finished. This was a necessary step, without which the memory was often NOT released even after the project is done. I wrote about the issue on the forum last year but didn't get much attention, probably because people weren't aware of the issue.

Now I have updated to the latest 5.29.4. My questions are:
1. Does "Restart Instance" still release memory in 5.29.4? If true then I will keep putting it before opening any webpage.
2. Is it still necessary to put "Restart Instance" at the end of each project like in earlier versions? If I don't do that, does the memory usage become 0 automatically when project is finished? (in earlier versions it did not, unless "Restart Instance" was used at the end.)

Thanks.

Последнее редактирование:

qlwik

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
+1 for that question.
I personally don't restart it after every one url, I just make random number between 1 and 10, and if for example 5 will occur, then I restart instance.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
Restart instance - is not for releasing memory, etc.
It just cleans up browser instance, which becomes overloaded when you actively surfing pages or perform some other actions in browser.
We recommend to restart instance inside the project if you use many loops with actions in browser (after every 5-20 loops).
Or every 15-30 minutes if your project is actively surfing web-pages.
There is no need to restart instance at the beginning of a project, or at the end.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)