How to get the result string of last executed step?

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I know that we can grab the result string of any executed step using this macro: {-FieldData.FieldData-|-stepID-|-branchID-}

To make it easier to write more portable code, it would very useful if there was a way to grab the result string from the last executed step, without having to name the step explicitly.

How to get the result string of last executed step?

Thanks!

step85

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Taking the result of the branch in the usual way does not fit?

Вложения

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Taking the result of the branch in the usual way does not fit?
For many situations the usual way works very well.

But lets say you have a complex macro or javascript that you'd like to use in many places in the template. Is there a way to retrieve the result of the last executed step so that its not necessary to repeat the same complex macro many times?

For example several branches might lead to a common step, but the processing is dependent on the output of the preceding step, the incoming link.

commonstep.jpg

step85

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Use the global repository. And after each of the 3 branches assign a global variable to the previous step. Then it suffices to take a macro value to this global variable.

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks step85, that is a solution I have considered but there is always the risk of one thread overwriting the value set by a different thread.

If new macro were available that could access the result of the last execution step, that would be very useful.

Thanks.

playmefast

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I think that worth adding, nice suggestion. Maybe not as a macro, but as an option in branch.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)