How to count options values of select tag on website to get total #? scrape + count?

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey,

how would you go and get the total number of option values in a form on a website? i want to use that to randomnly select a category on a website, but since it's a universal template the websites all have different categories of course.
So I need a way to do that dynamically.

my first idea was to simply scrape all occurences of value="XY" of the parent tag, but upon further insepction I realized that you can not create files with zenno to my knowledge, to create cache txt files that contain all the values so I can use the count strings in file macro on it and then delete the file again.

Also using global storage wouldn't be so good I think because I couldn't find an option to add values to global storage and then delete them again, so I would have to do that manually or live with thousands of dead entries in my global storage.

Anybody having solved something similar already, or has simply a better idea than me? :-)

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
you can create files using zenno and this is something that should not be difficult to deal with. You can scrape all categories and save them in one file and can later even count them...

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
yeah? How can I create files with Zenno? Haven't found that out yet... For counting the categories I found a better method btw. using javascript you can count the length of fields, that will outout a number how many entries are there in a select field. Using document.getElementsByName("select").length;

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
to save file you just need to use append string and tell it rest of the stuff, like this for example:
{-File.AppendString-|-\Results\somefile.txt-|-here goes result of branch you wana save to file-|-true-} in real life this looks like this
{-File.AppendString-|-\Results\somefile.txt-|-{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●9●9●9●9●5●-|-sa-2381-}-|-true-}

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)