How do I pay for getting a topic from Russian forum translated

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Couldn't find here a forum to discuss the forum so writing here.

There was an interesting thought someone wrote:
I would pay to have some of the threads in the Russian forum translated to English by a human who has decent knowledge of both languages (EN and RU). Google Translate works too, but it doesn't do a great job.
So if I want an article or forum topic or snippets translated into English, what do I do?

And how about implementing a paid translation service for English-speaking users? Maybe a sub-forum for such requests?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 180
Баллы
Couldn't find here a forum to discuss the forum so writing here.

There was an interesting thought someone wrote:

So if I want an article or forum topic or snippets translated into English, what do I do?

And how about implementing a paid translation service for English-speaking users? Maybe a sub-forum for such requests?
I think there are enough services, pages and people outside this forum who offer any translation services.
At most maybe a thread with some contact info who offer Rus <==> Eng translation services.

I agree time to time You can see users wanna read something on Rus side, but it is more than enough if You use google translate to understand what's written.

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
There is a lot of specific terms and jargonisms that a translator from aside just won't be able to translate.
A pinned thread would be a good start. Some kind of a (crypto?) donation plugin for the forum could also be a great thing to have.

• Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
There is a lot of specific terms and jargonisms that a translator from aside just won't be able to translate.
A pinned thread would be a good start. Some kind of a (crypto?) donation plugin for the forum could also be a great thing to have.
Interesting idea! Maybe something like a 'bounty hunt' system, where all users could chip in and donate on a specific post, it would accumulate some money and anyone could translate it and claim the bounty!
It would have to be confirmed translators only of course because I am sure there would be smartasses using translators to get the bounties ahaha )

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Dear admins: @nuaru and others: consider adding tokens system to the forum. There must be a plugin.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)