Help me to choose a server

surfmore

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I am considering to purchase a server to install zenno 5 but I dont know which one I will get better results.

I need to run several threads (more than 200), if possible at the same time.

Currently I have 2 servers (http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4s) both split on half in terms of processing and memory using virtual machine software.

I want to upgrade to one of the following options. Can you suggest me the best option?

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex10

or

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/dx150

This is what their support answered me about the comparison between them
------
the CPU in the EX10 is a desktop processor (i7) and is built for speed, the CPU in
the Dell server is enterprise (Xeon) and is built for servers.
If all you care about is the fastest CPU and you don't care about ECC RAM,
hardware RAID, built in KVM-over-IP and/or reduntant PSUs then the EX10 would
definitely be a better fit for you.
-------

I believe the use of zenno is more related to speed correct? So I should go with EX10, correct?

Thanks.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
You should not go with Hetzner itself, i have read many problems with running zenno on them, most of them if you use proxy checker then Hetzner may block your account... Hetzner are not built for using SEO tools.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You should not go with Hetzner itself, i have read many problems with running zenno on them, most of them if you use proxy checker then Hetzner may block your account... Hetzner are not built for using SEO tools.
Yes, also heard a couple of bad things about hetzner servers for running SEO tools. Also from mates tried to run adult sites there. The servers from them seem really cheap but appreciation for the SEO biz has its price ;-)

Lokiys what hoster would you recommend for running ZP on it?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Yes, also heard a couple of bad things about hetzner servers for running SEO tools. Also from mates tried to run adult sites there. The servers from them seem really cheap but appreciation for the SEO biz has its price ;-)

Lokiys what hoster would you recommend for running ZP on it?

I do not have any suggestions, because my server sleeping in my home :-)

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

johnmay5

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have Hetzner and except proxy checking, one can run almost anything on it. If you use your own proxies, then it is the cheapest dedicated server one can find.

They do not allow proxy scraping and my account was blocked for using gscraper as well as zenno proxy scraper/checker.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank your for your recommendation HB.

Is that right that there prices are without OS and I have to pay an additional fee of e.g. £ 30/month for Windows Server 2008? Or can I just use my own Windows Server 2008 from torrent and order the server without OS? ;-)
I'm not sure, I think their support can tell you more about that options. :-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)