General questions, Scheduler and programming etc

kotaku

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have just purchased Zenno and will start to learn it but I would like to ask few questions because I would like to know what can be possible with it or not:

1) Can Scheduler start scripts written in c# or php?

2) Is it possible to start like 50 posting threads, each with different c# script using scheduler?

3) Can C# script control in some way scheduler, for example change some job, add new one etc?

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
1. Yes, write your C# program in Code Creator and save the project. Then call up the project file in the poster.

2. Yes, just schedule your projects through the scheduler with the number of threads you require.

3. Question for the developers, but I don't think so. I think they have it locked down where you can only run the jobs through the Poster. I know that you can't compile any Zen template. And they want it this way.

• Спасибо
Реакции: manbooobs и kotaku

kotaku

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
thank you bigcajones for reply

also it could be cool if each template made in codecreator could share some resources with other instances at the same time. For example open some text file once and that file could be used by 30 instances at the same time, so each instance will not try to open file and lock it. Maybe it can be made using static variables, hmm i don't know c# , I have to learn :p

shade

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
thank you bigcajones for reply

also it could be cool if each template made in codecreator could share some resources with other instances at the same time. For example open some text file once and that file could be used by 30 instances at the same time, so each instance will not try to open file and lock it. Maybe it can be made using static variables, hmm i don't know c# , I have to learn :p
Do not quite understand you, but I'll tell you.

When you write scripts in Code Creator does not have to worry about synchronizing access to resources. Because execution of scripts in ZP occurs in different processes. And the processes are synchronized in ZP.

kotaku

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
thanks shade, this is in general what i asked

but it would be very cool if zenno would allow scripts to control scheduler or better to create special script which one instance can control everything.

I know that maybe it looks strange but I integrate many programs to my own projects and try to minimize manual work.
IF there would be an option to control scheduler I could connect to external db, download data, set all inputs/vars for submission and start processing threads. When they would finish again I will submit results and download new data

shade

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
thanks shade, this is in general what i asked

but it would be very cool if zenno would allow scripts to control scheduler or better to create special script which one instance can control everything.

I know that maybe it looks strange but I integrate many programs to my own projects and try to minimize manual work.
IF there would be an option to control scheduler I could connect to external db, download data, set all inputs/vars for submission and start processing threads. When they would finish again I will submit results and download new data
The assembly Zennolab.CommandCenter contains class ZennoPoster which contains some methods (For example: LoadTasks("{Path to task}") - this method load task in ZP) for control ZP.

• Спасибо
Реакции: kotaku

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
As far as sharing resources, there is a global storage that you can load the information into with one template so that all instances could use it. It is under Macros=> Global Storage.

• Спасибо
Реакции: kotaku

kotaku

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you both

I would like to make observation that zenno is very very stable. I on my own tried making simple poster based on browser using java and jxbrowser but there where huge issues with threads synchronization with browsers. But on other hand mozilla browser consumed much less mem.

I have other question,
In scheduler I see that there is only option to add task based on date, time but there is no option to add task which will start when previous task will finish.
btw nice that there is option script to run bat files

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Set your templates in groups. When group 1 is finished, then group 2 will start.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)