Fonts not changing after loading profile

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I use the following C# snippet for randomly hiding fonts and change font fingerprint:

C#:
var fonts = instance.GetFonts();
project.SendInfoToLog("Starting nr of fonts: " + fonts.Count(), true);

if (fonts != null)
{
    Random rnd = new Random();
    var fontList = fonts.ToList();
    for (int i = 0; i < fontList.Count; i++) {
        int random = rnd.Next(0,5);
        if (random == 3) {
            instance.HideFont(fontList[i]);
        }
    }
}

var fontsNew = instance.GetFonts();

project.SendInfoToLog("Nr of fonts after code completion: " + fontsNew.Count(), true);
The code works well if I e.g. just got to browserleaks.com/fonts execute the C# snippet and re-check on browserleaks.com the font fingerprint has changed. BUT if I load a profile (that I have generated and saved before) before the C# snippet nothing changes. I can execute the snippet several times and also delete cookies and cache before going to browserleak again but the font fingerprint is not changing anymore and stays always the same.

What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you :-)

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
What browser engine is used in profile? Is it different from current browser in project?

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen I use FF52x64 on ZP/PM version 7.1.0.0 and the profiles are about 4 weeks old. Tried it in PM: When I haven't load a profile yet, every call of the C# code above gives me a new font-fingerprint on browserleaks.com/font but as soon as I load any profile I'm not able to change the font-fingerprint any longer.

Последнее редактирование:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
@VladZen I use FF52x64 on ZP/PM version 7.1.0.0 and the profiles are about 4 weeks old. Tried it in PM: When I haven't load a profile yet, every call of the C# code above gives me a new font-fingerprint on browserleaks.com/font but as soon as I load any profile I'm not able to change the font-fingerprint any longer.
Ok, I'll check it.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen any news on this issue? I also tried the code above (that generally works with FF52x64 engine) with the latest Chrome engine (7.1.1.0) and it says the same amount of fonts when starting the C# code and after completion. So it seems that this C# code only works with FF engine and not Chrome?

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I also figured out that the code above doesn't change the font fingerprint at all when using the chrome engine! No matter if an older profile is loaded or not!

Any news on this issues?

• Спасибо
Реакции: Yann

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Also interested

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I use the following C# snippet for randomly hiding fonts and change font fingerprint:

C#:
var fonts = instance.GetFonts();
project.SendInfoToLog("Starting nr of fonts: " + fonts.Count(), true);

if (fonts != null)
{
    Random rnd = new Random();
    var fontList = fonts.ToList();
    for (int i = 0; i < fontList.Count; i++) {
        int random = rnd.Next(0,5);
        if (random == 3) {
            instance.HideFont(fontList[i]);
        }
    }
}

var fontsNew = instance.GetFonts();

project.SendInfoToLog("Nr of fonts after code completion: " + fontsNew.Count(), true);
The code works well if I e.g. just got to browserleaks.com/fonts execute the C# snippet and re-check on browserleaks.com the font fingerprint has changed. BUT if I load a profile (that I have generated and saved before) before the C# snippet nothing changes. I can execute the snippet several times and also delete cookies and cache before going to browserleak again but the font fingerprint is not changing anymore and stays always the same.

What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you :-)
I have a similar code that works well for Firefox but doesn't work with Chrome. Is it working for you in Chrome ?

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have a similar code that works well for Firefox but doesn't work with Chrome. Is it working for you in Chrome ?
Hi Yann, just checked the code in the latest version (7.1.2.1) of PM and ZP again. In both it says e.g. 145 fonts at start and 139 at finish with FF engine but with chrome it stays at 130 after code completion every time. So it seems to work in FF but not in Chrome.

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you morpheus93 for testing and confirming this bug. Actually the code posted here is yours but very similar to mine.
I am going to report this in the bug section.
I am disappointed with this version of zenno with chrome. I just paid the update to be able to have chrome and so far I found too may bugs...

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Chrome requires restarting render processes to apply changed fonts. From user side this means, changes will take effect only in new tab.
Execution log should display some warnings about that.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen Just read in the changelog of the latest version (7.1.3.0) "Fixed hiding and displaying fonts in Chrome. "

So I'd like to ask if it is still needed to close and open new tab for font changes taking effect? Or is this step not needed anymore?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
Thank you morpheus93 for testing and confirming this bug. Actually the code posted here is yours but very similar to mine.
I am going to report this in the bug section.
I am disappointed with this version of zenno with chrome. I just paid the update to be able to have chrome and so far I found too may bugs...
I can give my two cents there as well.
Chrome is full of bugs, I have tried with testing it like 10 times while it is developed, and I have always gone back to firefox by now.
Had a training session with my customer also and could not explain to him what is going on while I understood chrome is set as a browser lol

• Спасибо
Реакции: morpheus93

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you @lokiys for your honest words. That's also my experience: I already tested the Chrome engine when it was in beta test and switched back to FF every time. After some releases I thought it could maybe become better and more stable but got disappointed every time.

Unfortunately it was told here that the development of the Firefox engine in ZP was discontinued so sooner or later we must use Chrome if we want or not. Hope really they will get it up and running and maybe it's even possible to get an replacement for the discontinued firefox engine.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Yann и lokiys

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen Currently giving the Chrome engine a new try ;-) and so want to ask again because I read in the changelog of the latest version (7.1.3.0) "Fixed hiding and displaying fonts in Chrome. "

Is it still needed to close and open new tab for font changes taking effect in Chrome engine? Or is this step not needed anymore?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
@VladZen Currently giving the Chrome engine a new try ;-) and so want to ask again because I read in the changelog of the latest version (7.1.3.0) "Fixed hiding and displaying fonts in Chrome. "

Is it still needed to close and open new tab for font changes taking effect in Chrome engine? Or is this step not needed anymore?
You still need to reopen tab for fonts changes. The bug was that they even were not applied after that sometimes.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)