Calling for: Number of lines within a file - without opening a block of text ???

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey party people,

I have strings in a file as so...

Username|password|C:results/thiswebsite_descriptions.txt

What I want to do is
> split the string
> pull the file path {-String.Split-|-{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●3●9●7●9●7●4●-|-≡7≡6≡9≡2≡6≡4≡0≡6≡1≡-}-|-|-|-2-}
> do a check for number of lines within that file

.... as seen in the image -

Has anyone had success thus far with this ? Rock on !

VALID EXECUTION.JPG

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I guess it will try to access a file on your disk, so I doubt it can work. But you could count chunks in a string. As delimiter use {-String.Enter-}:
{-String.SplitCount-|-FetchedData-|-{-String.Enter-}-}

btw, why can't you use:
{-File.CountOfStrings-|-\Resources\filename.txt-}

That is especially for this kind of stuff.

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The nature of this template requires {-File.CountOfStrings-|-{-String.Split-|-{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●3●9●7●9●7●4●-|-≡7≡6≡9≡2≡6≡4≡0≡6≡1≡-}-|-|-|-2-}-} also seen here...

{-File.CountOfStrings-|-{-String.Split-|-{-Execution of Split String-}-}

The method of this madness is when the .txt file becomes < 2 lines . I delete the entire string here {-File.CountOfStrings-|-{-String.Split-|-{-Execution of Split String-}-} - Then another line becomes available in another directory full of different descriptions.txt : and another category which is replaced in the direct url ....

I will test the template now and see if it bombs. Either way if anyone can relate to this madness and has another route..... shoot !

EDIT: tested in debug - works -

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Glad to hear. Which way worked in the end?

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Basically you can split a string that has a filepath >>> thissideofstring||c:/results/some file.txt

And use the execution results of that side of the string to get information out of that filepath...

>In my template I split the string > get execution of that side > count lines in the file > spintax get block > split the block > and so on.... all from the original split ---

Having an issue in ZP... PM works fine - spintax is bruckin' up ... anybody ?

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The same logic can be use, if someone want to count the blocks inside the file. {-String.SplitCount-|-{-File.GetString-|-C:pathtofile\yourfile.txt-|-all-|-false-|-#-}-|-#-}, delimiter inside the file it's obviously #, but after this string I just got how many blocks contain in the file.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)