Bugs in ZennoPoster 7 beta

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
Hey. I find that v5 works much better than v7. And it is not only things I reported before with lagging interface.
But now I also find out that for example, the browser works differently in v5 and v7.
In v7 browser sometimes stuck and nothing happens, while in v5 it loads smoothly and no bugs there.
Anyway, I have moved back to v5 and will work there while v7 will be stable.
I hope it won't be discontinued because you think v7 is stable.
Worth mentioning that its been a while when I have worked with zenno very intensively, therefore I assume those are old bugs already.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Yann

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen about new extension and option that can not back, is it possible to improve it for only bugging time, and allow us to back template from .zp to xmlz ?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
but I can not open in some old version, right? and about it, ok if I use some new function, it is logical to not work, but do you make it and for marketing and some other reason? If the function of new version and for old is the same, I can or can not open it? I do not want to mess with your directions and rules, just want to say in this bugging time it is ok to can open and on old version if all functions are same

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Not true... you can open saved xmlz project in old versions.
But if you used new functionality, that does not depend on project format that you cannot use it in previous versions.
And what is this bugging time...? :-) Are there many many bugs?)

Последнее редактирование:
  • Спасибо
Реакции: aleksa77

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I could not open before 2 days 7.1.4 in 7.1.3 for example, and I had very simple template only with snippets and variable statement:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
  • Спасибо

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
thanks a lot, i now converted to xmlz, for saving, it give me now only 7.1.3 and 7.1.4 , it is compatibility with 5.42.0 ?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
  • Спасибо

Kevin300

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I will like to do 2 weeks trainning on how to use Zennoposter

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
Hi. I never told you I can not open the old project. But most of my customers work with v5 and then I still have to switch to old v5 to develop because when you save the template in new v7 its auto in .zp format. Anyway that's not the biggest problem.
The main problem is v7 lags and every action starting from moving actions and ending with saving project works laggy and slower than v5. + One of my customer templates Firefox browser freezes sometimes and sometimes it just stops loading what leads to errors. No problems with v5.
I really have not enough time to report about all other and small bugs I have found in v7 but yeah there are a lot of problems, not even starting to talk about the Chrome browser. :-)

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Hi. I never told you I can not open the old project. But most of my customers work with v5 and then I still have to switch to old v5 to develop because when you save the template in new v7 its auto in .zp format. Anyway that's not the biggest problem.
The main problem is v7 lags and every action starting from moving actions and ending with saving project works laggy and slower than v5. + One of my customer templates Firefox browser freezes sometimes and sometimes it just stops loading what leads to errors. No problems with v5.
I really have not enough time to report about all other and small bugs I have found in v7 but yeah there are a lot of problems, not even starting to talk about the Chrome browser. :-)
We are already working on UI bugs, thank you for your feedback.
UI lags at maximizing PM window and saving projects have already been fixed in version 7.1.4.0

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Sometimes, when I debug a project in PM, it occurs that I can't click anything in the browser window (no link, button..., nothing). Neither manually nor when I execute a cube that contains a click on that site and the element to click is visible.
I think this only happens when I use Chrome engine but I'm not 100% sure if the issue maybe happened also with FF engine in the past.

Anybody else facing this issue?
Any news on this problem. Just installed the latest v 7.1.4.0 and the problem is still there. As said, I'm working in PM and while debugging an already working project suddenly PM CAN'T CLICK ANY LINK in the browser window. Even if I try to manually click any link or button in the browser window of PM nothing happens! The webpage and mouse pointer are still visible. Also when I right click in the browser window no context menue appears (the on with "check for text" and so on).

Now an additional strange behaviour occured: After the issue above happens I open a new tab in browser window and try to load e.g. google.com within (by manually typing in the address in the url bar and hitting enter) but the webpage is loaded in the previous tabe (where I can't click anything)!

Please give me an advice to fix that as I assuem this is also the reason why my project regularly fails in ZP.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Sent error report in ticket.

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Until version 7 *really* is stable, can you continue to add the new functionnalities to version 5 ? Like the touch function ? Well if the chrome engine is also more stable that is. I feel like I am stuck with version 5 and firefox and I am missing out on the new stuff because of all the bugs... :(

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Any news on this problem. Just installed the latest v 7.1.4.0 and the problem is still there. As said, I'm working in PM and while debugging an already working project suddenly PM CAN'T CLICK ANY LINK in the browser window. Even if I try to manually click any link or button in the browser window of PM nothing happens! The webpage and mouse pointer are still visible. Also when I right click in the browser window no context menue appears (the on with "check for text" and so on).

Now an additional strange behaviour occured: After the issue above happens I open a new tab in browser window and try to load e.g. google.com within (by manually typing in the address in the url bar and hitting enter) but the webpage is loaded in the previous tabe (where I can't click anything)!

Please give me an advice to fix that as I assuem this is also the reason why my project regularly fails in ZP.
According to your report, PM freezed because of not enough memory.
As for the problem opening webpage in another tab, this happens when some another window of the program is opened on background. For example, Regex tester is opened and placed behind the main program window, then you are trying to work in popup tab, but website loads in previous tab.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Until version 7 *really* is stable, can you continue to add the new functionnalities to version 5 ? Like the touch function ? Well if the chrome engine is also more stable that is. I feel like I am stuck with version 5 and firefox and I am missing out on the new stuff because of all the bugs... :(
Not sure there are critical bugs in version 7 to call it unstable.
However, we are working to improve version 7 and make it more stable.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Is there a problem with the new scheduler or did I miss something? I set up a schedule like in the screenshot yesterday and in the "schedule debugger" it says that the project will run 2x today. Now the time of the execution intervals is over and the project didn't run even one time... For tomorrow the debugger shows me again 2 runs....

Вложения

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Just started to try v7 (7.1.4.0 ) and I see some russian text in the english version.
Also in the variable window, it should be "name" instead of "first name"

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
V 7.1.4.0, when I enable "Delayed drawing" in PM with the button at the top menue it is still activated after I disable it.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
V 7.1.4.0, when I enable "Delayed drawing" in PM with the button at the top menue it is still activated after I disable it.
I got some wrong working for this feature also. But it was version back.
I got it enabled, but the drawing did not happen.
please give more details on how to reproduce it.
do you switch between projects when drowing drops? what actions do you execute

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Is there a problem with the new scheduler or did I miss something? I set up a schedule like in the screenshot yesterday and in the "schedule debugger" it says that the project will run 2x today. Now the time of the execution intervals is over and the project didn't run even one time... For tomorrow the debugger shows me again 2 runs....
Please give more info.
Are there some errors in logs? (there is an option Display log in Menu)
Also, what were scheduler settings - hot to execute, how to repeat, etc. please attach screenshots.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Please give more info.
Are there some errors in logs? (there is an option Display log in Menu)
Also, what were scheduler settings - hot to execute, how to repeat, etc. please attach screenshots.
I added a screenshot of the settings. If I understand it right, it should run twice a day, one time between 8:45am-12:10pm and one time between 1:05pm-7:15pm?

Also noticed that in the scheduler log there is just a date but no time. For the past failed runs I can't see the log anymore as I have re-started ZP in the meantime.

Вложения

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
please give more details on how to reproduce it.
do you switch between projects when drowing drops? what actions do you execute
Yes, mostly I switch between different projects while debugging as I use nested projects often. Can't define any specific action when this problem with delayed drawing starts. Just start PM with "standard" drawing (not delayed) and when I need it I activate delayed drawing via the top menue button. But when I don't need it anymore and de-activate it again by the button, the button indeed shows the "not activated" state but delayed drawing keeps still on till I re-start PM.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
This is not actually a bug... Grey field borders allow to extended project scheme.
Try to drag and drop some action block to this field.
When I move any action into this field nothing more than grey area expand does not happen.
You were able to extend the project area before already, without any grey area.
If this grey area is needed then just make it small not more than a half screen, I guess.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)