How to create multiple instances with 1 profile each?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi all,

Each of my instances use their own cookies, logins and chrome extensions.

Could you please give me an example on how to create multiple profiles so unlimited instances can run?

From what I understand
1)Create a random string
2)Save a profile with the random string
3)Load the profile with the random string
4)Run the instance

but the problem is....let's say you have 20 instances and profiles running, how to reload each of them when the computer starts?

I cannot work it out.

Thank you

Последнее редактирование:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
but the problem is....let's say you have 20 instances and profiles running, how to reload each of them when the computer starts?
What does "reload them, when computer starts" mean? what is the user case?
You can just continue running tasks after restarting zennoposter, there is special option for that in program settings.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi VladZen,

Well here is my issue.

I have Zenno poster PRO(Just upgraded) and would like to use a lot of threads to run a single project.

The project starts like this:

I do not know why but when I add this project to Zennoposter and try to run 10 threads, only 1 thread runs, all the others keeps restarting but never run.

From what I understand, it looks like Zenno creates 1 folder and can only run 1 instance of a thread in that profile folder.

I need to be able to run 10 threads using the exact same profile because the same chrome extension settings will be loaded anyway on each run.

I am not understanding why Zenno cannot run the same profile 10 times.

I am saving the profile only once and then try to run the 10 threads, in that profile I have an extension API key and tick box checked.

Here is how I save the profiles:

And this is how I load the profile:

Any idea what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
I don't see you are using profile-folder.
I see you are just loading zpprofile file.
What does "threads leeps restarting" mean? do you get any errors in log trying to run threads?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for your reply.
I have modified the project to work with a profile folder as shown below.

But I still cannot run more than 1 instance of this program, I get this error in the Zenno poster:

Running the WebBrowserSettings Browser cannot be run in specified folder ( G:/user/account/xxxxxxxxx ), as it is already in use by another browser instance!

Any idea why please?

Thanks

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
Thanks for your reply.
I have modified the project to work with a profile folder as shown below.

Посмотреть вложение 119649

But I still cannot run more than 1 instance of this program, I get this error in the Zenno poster:

Running the WebBrowserSettings Browser cannot be run in specified folder ( G:/user/account/xxxxxxxxx ), as it is already in use by another browser instance!

Any idea why please?

Thanks
That's right, 1 profile-folder can be run with 1 instance only at the same time.
You should create several profile-folders, to run multiple instances.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Would you have an example for this please as I am not understanding something:

I tried this:

The problem with this method is that I cannot load my chrome extensions with API keys and settings within the actual extension as you only create a profile folder.....how can I load my extention settings please for each profile?

Also in the profile folder, is it normal to see this?

I was expecting to see multiple folders with their own subfolders.

Thanks

Вложения

Последнее редактирование:

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
* One profile folder can work in one thread. If you want more threads just duplicate profile folder and run each thread with its own profile folder.

You are mixing profile files .zpprofile with profile folders its not really clear what are you doing as those are two different ways to manage profiles. profile files do not work with extensions, so just cut them out in general.

* You are using some cloud storage that upload files as per your image. When files get uploaded they are locked by cloud provider onedrive/gogole drive etc. Zenno cant access those files and folders while they are in sync mode, move your profile files out on your PC and try again...

Still, one profile folder can work in one thread only. You cant run multiple threads on one and that same profile folder.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Lokiys,

I understand, so I should not use the profile files as .zpprofile but instead the profile folders. All good.

My problem is that I need to load an extension, an API key inside that extension and set various settings withing the extension.
How would you set them when the profile start? As these settings must be saved somehow.

Could you please give me an order of the actions for example:

1)Load instance -- ok
2)Load extension -- ok
3)How to load the API key -- How?
4)How to load the extension settings -- How?
5)Save to profile folder all the above. -- ok
6)Run project inside a broader. -- ok

That's all I need to understand please.

By the way I am not saving anything to a cloud. I am only going on search engines using the chromium browser.
By the way, what is the main difference between Chrome and Chromium?

Thank you

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
Hi Lokiys,

I understand, so I should not use the profile files as .zpprofile but instead the profile folders. All good.

My problem is that I need to load an extension, an API key inside that extension and set various settings withing the extension.
How would you set them when the profile start? As these settings must be saved somehow.

Could you please give me an order of the actions for example:

1)Load instance -- ok
2)Load extension -- ok
3)How to load the API key -- How?
4)How to load the extension settings -- How?
5)Save to profile folder all the above. -- ok
6)Run project inside a broader. -- ok

That's all I need to understand please.

By the way I am not saving anything to a cloud. I am only going on search engines using the chromium browser.
By the way, what is the main difference between Chrome and Chromium?

Thank you
@lokiys suggestion is good - make multiple copies of your initial profile-folder with extension settings and run multiple instances with the copies.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you, I really thought there was a better way of doing this because each time I will update the template, I will have to delete all the profiles and recopy all again(which is counter productive as I update my template many times per week).

This is why I was asking if profiles could be generated from a single project.

Thanks

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Thank you, I really thought there was a better way of doing this because each time I will update the template, I will have to delete all the profiles and recopy all again(which is counter productive as I update my template many times per week).

This is why I was asking if profiles could be generated from a single project.

Thanks
What do you mean? Update templates and have to delete profiles.
You are making automation man, so make one for copying, updating, deleting your profiles from another template if that's what you need.

Those blue round things mean files get synced with Onedrive, perhaps. Those green checkboxes mean those files are already synced.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok I see what you mean. I have actually synched them locally now, I must have taken the picture after this change sorry.
I am using Google drive with the stream cloud, but when running the zenno project, the files are local and drive paused not to cause unecessary load.

So if I understand you correctly "You are making automation man, so make one for copying, updating, deleting your profiles from another template if that's what you need. "

You are telling me that I should take my main project file as:
User1.zp

And create a new project that create multiple project names like:
User2.zp
User3.zp
User4.zp
User5.zp
User6.zp
User7.zp
User8.zp

Then delete all the profiles in "ProfileDirs"

Am I correct?

You want me to automated the project duplication from a new project.

Thanks

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Wait I think I know what you mean.
You want me to generate random profiles with a single project?
Is this possible from a single project? I thought that 1 project was stuck to 1 profile, this is why I was confused.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I can't describe your whole project logic without actually doing it or involving deeper.
Initial suggestion still stands. If you want to run multiple threads on one and that same profile, make copies of that profile folder.
How you copy them is up to you. Do it manually, do it with the template, do it from the same template. It all depends on broader project logic and what exactly should be done.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you so much, your guidance has been fantastic. The project is only for me, so I will copy all by hand for now, better.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 2, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 2)