ZennoDroid: Basic Questions

zenfreak

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Since this is the first zennodroid EN thread I would like to add here all the basic question I have or you might have so we can later group them into a nice startup tutorial.

Here we go:

1. When I first started zennodroid I couldn't find a way to choose or configure between BS or AVD but instead it just downloaded and started BS. Tried to change to AVD through Settings but the Virtual Machine options menu is locked on BS.

2. "GUID - device ID. IMEI and phone number will be generated basing on this." 57032050-EBAE-866C-FA88-CE51E201D915 Which one is the imei and which is the phone number? How do we create a custom Virtual Device? Let's say I want to emulate a Nexus 5 device - how do I do that?

3. In the "Modify VM" box there is a "Data - select the directory, where data from device will be stored." and a SDCard options, holding 2 *.vdi files. I guess this stands for the Phone Memory and External SdCard Memory - is there a way we could access those drives from within the zennodroid ? How can I add files from my computer to the PhoneMemory or SdCard Memory?

4. I couldn't install any app through the PlayStore (freezes at Download Pending) and I think this is "normal" behavior but you can install it through the Utilities box using the *.apk file. Is there a reason for not being able to install the app through PlayStore?

5. When I get into the main screen of the virtual phone I get this horizontal screen by if I open an app the screen changes to vertical. The main downside is that I can barely read the screen when in vertical mode as it's very small. How can I change that?

This is how the vertical screen looks like:

6. How can I save the picture shown here (the real picture not just a snapshot from the images processing box)

7. How can we close the session just like a normal phone shutdown

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
Since this is the first zennodroid EN thread I would like to add here all the basic question I have or you might have so we can later group them into a nice startup tutorial.

Here we go:

1. When I first started zennodroid I couldn't find a way to choose or configure between BS or AVD but instead it just downloaded and started BS. Tried to change to AVD through Settings but the Virtual Machine options menu is locked on BS.

2. "GUID - device ID. IMEI and phone number will be generated basing on this." 57032050-EBAE-866C-FA88-CE51E201D915 Which one is the imei and which is the phone number? How do we create a custom Virtual Device? Let's say I want to emulate a Nexus 5 device - how do I do that?

3. In the "Modify VM" box there is a "Data - select the directory, where data from device will be stored." and a SDCard options, holding 2 *.vdi files. I guess this stands for the Phone Memory and External SdCard Memory - is there a way we could access those drives from within the zennodroid ? How can I add files from my computer to the PhoneMemory or SdCard Memory?

4. I couldn't install any app through the PlayStore (freezes at Download Pending) and I think this is "normal" behavior but you can install it through the Utilities box using the *.apk file. Is there a reason for not being able to install the app through PlayStore?

5. When I get into the main screen of the virtual phone I get this horizontal screen by if I open an app the screen changes to vertical. The main downside is that I can barely read the screen when in vertical mode as it's very small. How can I change that?

This is how the vertical screen looks like:

6. How can I save the picture shown here (the real picture not just a snapshot from the images processing box)

7. How can we close the session just like a normal phone shutdown
We are glad that you already use ZennoDroid. Hope you like it)
Answering your questions:
1. We refused from using AVD in latest version. This emulator causes some compatibility issues.
2. IMEI and Phone number are not displayed in GUID. They will be shown in device info on web-services which detect these parameters.
3. Data and SDcard just emulate disc drives in device. It is not possible to add files from your computer to them.
4. What google account do you use to access Google Play? Have you added this account in BlueStacks emulator settings?
5. Unfortunately, it the current version this is the only way to display android emulator in program interface. I'll send your feedback to developers. hope they will be able to optimize it.
6. If you have picture url, you will be able to download the picture via get request or image processing actions which you also use in ZennoPoster.
7. Try to shutdown emulator from keyboard emulation - {AndroidKeys.POWER} or other related keys.

• Спасибо
Реакции: zenfreak и LightWood

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы
We are glad that you are already using ZennoDroid. Hope you like it)
Answering your questions:
1. We refused from using AVD in latest version. This emulator causes some compatibility issues.
2. IMEI and Phone number are not displayed in GUID. They will be shown in device info on web-services which detect these parameters.
3. Data and SDcard just emulate disc drives in device. It is not possible to add files from your computer to them.
4. What google account do you use to access Google Play? Have you added this account in BlueStacks emulator settings?
5. Unfortunately, it the current version this is the only way to display android emulator in program interface. I'll send you feedback to developers. hope they will be able to optimize it.
6. If have picture url, you will be able to download the picture via get request or image processing actions which you also use in ZennoPoster.
7. Try to shutdown from keyboard emulation - {AndroidKeys.POWER} or other related keys.
Thanks for answers. Helpful for me to.

• Спасибо
Реакции: VladZen

zenfreak

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen Yes, using the demo version but I'm pretty sure that will buy it after it expires. I didn't have the time to check out the competition as I've seen similar products out there. I guess I'll stick with zenno even if the main downside here is the language barrier and the fact that the RU forums are 10x times more populated with threads and tutorials than the EN and I find this pretty disturbing.

How are you going to support multithreading with BS? In my humble opinion, AVD seems more legit/official/stable than BS so you should try to make it compatible. Not to mention that BS is not entirely free and it might interfere within our templates. Moreover, I wouldn't want to have those "additional" apps installed over my virtual android for security and performance reasons.
I think it is mandatory so we could enter our custom IMEI and phone number instead of just randomly selecting one. Also, I couldn't find the device info details anywhere on my BS virtual machine. How can I find what's the phone model and phone number installed on my virtual android right now?
I just found out that it is possible to add files from your computer to them. Just go to settings > Import windows files
I am using a PVA google account and yes, I have added this account to the BlueStacks emulator settings. I can also see it in the Settings > Accounts menu.
5. Unfortunately, it the current version this is the only way to display android emulator in program interface. I'll send your feedback to developers. hope they will be able to optimize it.
Actually, you can change this from Settings > Manage applications > Choose App Size
6. If you have picture url, you will be able to download the picture via get request or image processing actions which you also use in ZennoPoster.
True, if I have the picture URL I could easily download it but I guess the question becomes: How do I get the picture URL?
All I see is this:

How can I tell where's the image?
7. Try to shutdown emulator from keyboard emulation - {AndroidKeys.POWER} or other related keys.
Lots of AndroidKeys. options here :-)

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
@VladZen[/USER] How are you going to support multithreading with BS? In my humble opinion, AVD seems more legit/official/stable than BS so you should try to make it compatible. Not to mention that BS is not entirely free and it might interfere within our templates. Moreover, I wouldn't want to have those "additional" apps installed over my virtual android for security and performance reasons.
We are working on multithreading scheme. In any case, Lite version has one thread not matter what emulator is used.
I think it is mandatory so we could enter our custom IMEI and phone number instead of just randomly selecting one. Also, I couldn't find the device info details anywhere on my BS virtual machine. How can I find what's the phone model and phone number installed on my virtual android right now?
Device info generated by BS itself basing on their algorythms and IMEI, phone number can't be divided from GUID.
You may install Device info and see IMEI, phone number, etc. of you virtual machine- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jphilli85.deviceinfo
By they way, we have some pre-made configurations, which you can edit:
Настройка устройства_2.png Профиль мобильного.png
I just found out that it is possible to add files from your computer to them. Just go to settings > Import windows files
Yes, it may be possible in BS itself, but not in ZennoDroid.
I am using a PVA google account and yes, I have added this account to the BlueStacks emulator settings. I can also see it in the Settings > Accounts menu.s
Try reinstalling your BlueStacks. This means unproper work of emulator.
Actually, you can change this from Settings > Manage applications > Choose App Size
Again this BS option, not zennodroid.
True, if I have the picture URL I could easily download it but I guess the question becomes: How do I get the picture URL?
That's how applications shows the elements... I think URL should be got inside the application.
Lots of AndroidKeys. options here :-)
Yes, and you should find the one related to power off or shutdown - https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent.html

zenfreak

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I finally bought the zennDroid and now I'd like to make it useful but run into different other issues

Device info generated by BS itself basing on their algorythms and IMEI, phone number can't be divided from GUID.
You may install Device info and see IMEI, phone number, etc. of you virtual machine- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jphilli85.deviceinfo
By they way, we have some pre-made configurations, which you can edit:
Like I said before, it would be really great if we could change the IMEI from ZD's interface. Meanwhile, I've found the files you are referring to but I have no idea how to use them. How can I apply those .csl_344 configuration files to my current bluestacks setup?

Try reinstalling your BlueStacks. This means unproper work of emulator.
I have just done that, uninstalled bluestacks and installed a fresh copy just that I couldn't find the bluestacks installation file as provided by this page: https://zennolab.com/wiki/en:zennodroid:bluestacks because "Sorry, that file doesn’t live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private." and I have downloaded and installed an official version of bluestacks from the bluestacks.com website.

Now I cannot start my virtual machine from the zennodroid project maker anymore and if I try to run "modify VM" I get:

Код:
Executing Change virtual machine settings from group of actions id: 460107ff-1856-44d4-872b-85b66d3630bf Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Engine\Android\ZL_Data.vdi.2.7.315.8233'.
Don't know why is it looking in the C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\ if my bluestacks is correctly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks\ folder and the Project Maker Configuration also points to the same C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks\ folder.

That's how applications shows the elements... I think URL should be got inside the application.
And how can I get the image URL from inside the application?

zenfreak

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Managed to properly install bluestacks but I still need answers for those questions
I've found the files you are referring to but I have no idea how to use them. How can I apply those .csl_344 configuration files to my current bluestacks setup?
And how can I get the image URL from inside the application?
3. I'm still unable to install apps through PlayStore. Is this normal behavior?

Последнее редактирование:

smartwisard

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I couldn't install any app through the PlayStore (freezes at Download Pending) and I think this is "normal" behavior but you can install it through the Utilities box using the *.apk file. Is there a reason for not being able to install the app through PlayStore?
Had the same difficulty. So it says here it is possible to install apps anyway.
Nice that I found a way around, now I will check it.

Последнее редактирование:

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)