ZP eats all of bandwidth

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
A week ago I was able to run my current project with 45 threads with no problems. (4gHz i7 930, 6 GB Ram, DSL 3000)
The last few days it is really annoying. Even 25 threads bring my internet connection to a grinding halt. AND after reducing the threads to ZERO, i still can't browse youtube or anything, I have to shut down ZP. Anyone else has these problems? It's a big problem for me, cause ZP can't even connect to death by captcha, won't load the pages it should etc. ZP is rather worthless for me at the moment, cause it seems to hinder itself from executing the templates I throw at it. I don't know where to start looking for a solution...

Jangoz

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm on waaaaaaaay slower machine (E2220 @2.4Ghz 7Gb RAM) and never had such problems. Did you check inside ZP settings -> Network?
The other thing it might be your ISP triggering anti-both throttling. I had to switch ISPs due to such limitations.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Stereomike

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Uh, ISPs do that? That could be an answer... does anyone know a reliable ISP in Germany? I'm with 1&1 right now.

gemini

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
try disabling proxy checker first (if you don't use proxies) or significantly decrease proxychecker threads number
if this won't help you might try using VPN (if they aren't limiting your bandwith it should work ok)

• Спасибо

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
How do I setup Zenno for VPN? I've seen VPN offers along with proxie offers, but I never knew, how this works with ZP.
Thanks to the both of you.

Umibozu

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I use HMA vpn and it runs in the background, I don't think there is anything to do with zp. I do this to get an extra layer of protection for my isp but sometimes I wonder if it is stupid because it slows down a lot of my bandwith.

• Спасибо

gemini

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
usage of vpn with zennoposter is easy.
basically when you connect with vpn ALL your network traffic will be passed by vpn server (including but not limited traffic originating from zenno) - there is some option needed to be checked - I think is something like "use default gateway on remote network" with advanced settings of TCP IP your vpn connection.
It's like default transparent/forced proxy - for all kinds of services (not only http) - software doesn't need to be aware of vpn - windows takes care of everything.

• Спасибо

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
But doesn't that mean, I have only one IP (the one of the VPN) that is easily spoiled? How do you take care of that? Can you use ZP free proxies together with VPN?

gemini

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
most of VPNs have dynamic IP. you might use proxy together with VPN - no problem.

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It depends on your provider I believe. I know that I use HotSpot Shield a lot to run forum profile creation and it works fine, but if you use proxies in your templates and you're connected. No GO. The instance will never load the website. I don't know if HMA is the same, but I recall reading somewhere that you couldn't do it with them either.

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok, some maths: If I need 1 IP for 5 Twitter accounts, I can do 500 Accs with 100 proxies. With a VPN I can do how much accs?

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Good question. I would think only 5, then you would have to pause the template and switch IP's. Are you having a hard time getting good proxies or is it stupid 1&1 cuz they suck. If you could change ISP's that would probably help.

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@BJ: I get around 100 proxies that fit my filter, but I'm not too picky about them, it's not all that good. I decreased the proxychecker values, hopefully that will help. But:
found something new: a lot of instances seem to get stuck, ie shows only an erropage and this as URL:
res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm

How do I get rid of it?

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I use a test for the res://dnserror thingy. I pull proxies from a text file. After going to the website, I check the url for the res://dnserror and if it's true, I go grab another proxy. Here's the template for that:

Посмотреть вложение Resdnserror.xml

• Спасибо
Реакции: 301Redirect и Stereomike

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Cool, thanks! But I guess there's more to it than bad proxies. If you google a bit, it must be something with privacy settings of ie7/8. In the russian part of this forum they also have a sticky post about it, and they recommend DNS caching as I understand it. Would be nice if a developer could aswell shed some light onto it.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)