zenno abuse complaint?

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
got this from vps:

"Our server is being attacked from several IPs. One of that IP address is
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from your network.

They are trying to use our server to proxy to reach externals web pages.
That is the log of our server:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [21/Oct/2016:06:09:26 -0400] "GET http://chek.zennolab.com/proxy.php HTTP/1.1" 403 211 "RefererString" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0"

Is this zenno complaining about me using zennoposter to scrape/check proxies with zenno proxy checker tool?

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
seems so, just got another abuse complaint on a different vps box, wtf... so using zenno proxychecker within zenno poster results in abuse complaints to hosting providers? Surely this should have been double-checked before complaints were sent?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 183
Баллы
Hi.

I guess you use Hetzner servers. They do not like proxy checkers yes.
Even if this is different server provider, its possible to get such complains, as proxy checker use a lot of connections simultaneous it can go over 1k connections what makes it look unusual and server providers do not like that.
There is many server providers what do not allow proxy checking.

You can try to lower threads what proxy checker use:

Another thing you can do is use more quality proxy sources, because if you add crap sources there is lot of dead proxies what has to be checked and proxy checker have to work with full speed. This also slows down your own PC.

• Спасибо
Реакции: VladZen

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
no, I use poweruphosting, they received an abuse complaint from someone else, saying ther 'server is being attacked' from my vps IP... I assumed that the server being 'attacked' is the zennolab.com/proxy.php server. So who would be making a complaint? A site that is being used to check the proxy?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 183
Баллы
no, I use poweruphosting, they received an abuse complaint from someone else, saying ther 'server is being attacked' from my vps IP... I assumed that the server being 'attacked' is the zennolab.com/proxy.php server. So who would be making a complaint? A site that is being used to check the proxy?
What IP address your server have ? Can PM me if You do not want to post there.
Most of server sellers buy dedicated servers from somewhere else and they split them in many VPS and sell to their users. Its possible that they buy servers from some sensitive providers to resell.

In any way if they do not allow proxy checkers then they do not allow any of them not only ZennoProxy checker.

Public proxy checking actually are some kind of attack, because most of those proxies come from infected PCs around the world, so you are basically using others people connection to access internet.

Could you ask poweruphosting for proper abuse complain they receive ? That does mean nothing if they say they got complains from someone else lol, if they do not provide this information and make problems for you just move away and do not hold any files and templates on their servers.

I have read on Russian side that users are using https://en.ihor.ru/ and have no problems with running zenno with all features. They have good prices too.

BTW do you have zenno license or you use demo version ? If you have license please send email to
and ask for status Client in forum.

• Спасибо
Реакции: 7figures

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
gotcha, yeah I already asked host for original complainant (I was mistaken, I though zenno was complaining), makes sense about using other peoples connection to check proxy. Vlad also emailed me (I posted here also in case some things were quicker, worried about vps suspending me, though they are pretty cool about it), they are waiting for upstream provider to give them original complainant.

I actually remember now some other 'abuse complaint' about a year ago, I asked for details, upstream provider never replied, so it all went away. I think possibly it's just some kind of standard procedure for vps host to appear as they are behaving well, when really ofc they are vps for BH services, so after some panicking last night by me I think it's not too bad after all.

And yeah, 2 zenno licences, I'll ask Vlad for client status, thanks for the tip :-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)