Simple Operational Tips For Newbie

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,

I discovered some of these by chance, you might find these useful when building your templates.

1) Sometimes when you need to join two branches (or actions) using the drag & drop arrow, but they are far apart not within the same view area. You Don't have to move your second branch next to the first just so you can drag & drop the arrow.
You can just double click on the exit point of the first branch and double click the entry point of the second branch, and they will be joined by the arrow.

2) You can expand the view area by clicking the magnifying glass button at the bottom right of Project Maker.
or
Ctrl + mouse scroll = change zoom
Double click after zooming on blank area of the project = zoom to 100%

3) Sometimes you need to change a variable name for whatever reason and this variable is used in many actions. You can click on "All variables" at the top of Project Maker and change it from there. All actions using that variable will be changed accordingly across the whole template.

4) You can click the "Log" button at the top right of Project Maker to show messages of your previous debug process.

5) Quick proxy setting during recording. When recording template, you can set proxy by clicking "Proxy" button at the top of the Action recorder.

6) Double click to edit. You can double click on actions (or items at the bottom of Project Maker like tables, list, profile, ProjectSettings, etc) to edit them. It's not necessary to right click and choose edit.

7) Add new branch (or action) without drag & drop. Usually you would drag new actions from the left side (the Toolbar) of Project Maker and drop them onto your template(canvas). Another way is to click once on the action that you want to add from the Toolbar, then move your cursor to the canvas, click once to add the action or double click to add action with the Edit window opened.

Hope somebody will find these useful. :-)

Последнее редактирование:

sanind

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
tip 2 is helpful i don't know till now. thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes but once you zoom out all the text becomes blurred and barely readable. See
No.1 under 'Some extra miscellaneous ideas' here - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6725-List-of-To-Do-s-and-Feature-Ideas

hototori сказал(а):
1) Sometimes when you need to join two branches (or actions) using the drag & drop arrow, but they are far apart not within the same view area. You Don't have to move your second branch next to the first just so you can drag & drop the arrow.
You can just double click on the exit point of the first branch and double click the entry point of the second branch, and they will be joined by the arrow.
Thanks I never knew that. I had added an idea (Number 4) under 'speeding up workflow:' in
the feature idea thread above and no one ever pointed out that you can do this way. Not
sure what release this was added.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
added new tips (6) & (7)

Contributions are welcome.

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks, I didn't know about #7.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I didn't know about #7 either. For me it's just one click to select the action and then one click
on the canvas to add it or double click on the canvas to add it and open the edit window. Thanks

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You're welcome :-)

Yeah Boxcutter, you're right, single click to select action will do. I didn't that. Thanks!

• Спасибо
Реакции: Kepperbes

rktmedia

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I didnt know about Tip 3 until now! Thank you

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Guys,

Ok, this is not so much related to the ZP software itself but will be useful if you wanna capture screenshots to post in the forum.

In Windows, click ->Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Snipping Tool

With this tool, you can easily capture part of your screen and save as image file. This tool also has Pen and Highlighter feature which you can use to highlight area in your image.

This tool exist in Window 7, not sure if it exist in other versions though.

:-)

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Hi Guys,

Ok, this is not so much related to the ZP software itself but will be useful if you wanna capture screenshots to post in the forum.

In Windows, click ->Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Snipping Tool

With this tool, you can easily capture part of your screen and save as image file. This tool also has Pen and Highlighter feature which you can use to highlight area in your image.

This tool exist in Window 7, not sure if it exist in other versions though.

:-)
Good tool... Using all the time... :-)

awesome.alexb

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
This was a really cool thread/post. I knew a few already but learned some new ones too. This will save me seconds and seconds which will build up to hours and hours over the time I'm using Zenno so much.

Thankyou very much I really appreciate it.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)