Retrieving Content from GPT "Copy" Button with ZennoPoster

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello everyone,

I am working with ZennoPoster to automate some tasks on a webpage that includes interaction with a "Copy" button of Chat GPT. When clicked manually, this button copies generated article content to the clipboard. However, when I use ZennoPoster to simulate the click action, the content does not get copied to the clipboard.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. I have successfully identified and clicked the button using ZennoPoster's Action Designer.
  2. I attempted to retrieve the content from the clipboard after the click action, but the clipboard remains empty.
The content I'm trying to copy doesn't seem to be present in the button's source code, suggesting it may be handled by JavaScript.

Could anyone advise on how to properly simulate the button click to retrieve the content as it happens with a manual click? Or is there a way to execute the associated JavaScript within ZennoPoster to achieve the same result?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am unsure how to proceed with this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: Pierre Paul Jacques

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank for this link,
butmy trouble is about to copy the content,
with Zenno and GPT when there is click on the button there is no copy in the clipboard,
so i am stuck from there...

For the moment to get the content of GPT i need to parse it,
and for what i want to do in my case tranform again the html in markdown....

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
Thank for this link,
butmy trouble is about to copy the content,
with Zenno and GPT when there is click on the button there is no copy in the clipboard,
so i am stuck from there...

For the moment to get the content of GPT i need to parse it,
and for what i want to do in my case tranform again the html in markdown....
It seems you don't know how to use clipboard in zennoposter.
You pressed the button and copied the conten to clipboard.
Then you should save it to variable to be able to work with the content.

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank again for your reply,
i am beginner and english is not my language so sorry because i was not clear

i tried you ZP/ Code,
but this is apropriate for the next step : get the content FROM the clipboard.

My trouble is i CAN'T get the content in the Clipboard,
clic on the bouton don't copy it in the Clipboard.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
Thank again for your reply,
i am beginner and english is not my language so sorry because i was not clear

Посмотреть вложение 115358

i tried you ZP/ Code,
but this is apropriate for the next step : get the content FROM the clipboard.

My trouble is i CAN'T get the content in the Clipboard,
clic on the bouton don't copy it in the Clipboard.
You should run this code after you copied the content to clipboard from your GPT.
The code saves content from clipboard to the variable. Look into the variable value.

• Спасибо

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
You should run this code after you copied the content to clipboard from your GPT.
You right but my question/problem is before this.

Thank you for your continued assistance.
I would like to clarify my issue further. The primary challenge I'm facing is not with handling the clipboard within ZennoPoster, but rather with the initial action of copying the content to the clipboard when simulating a click on the "Copy" button provided by Chat GPT.

To elaborate, when the "Copy" button is clicked manually, it triggers a JavaScript event that copies the content into the clipboard. However, when I simulate the click using ZennoPoster, this JavaScript event does not seem to trigger, and hence, no content is copied to the clipboard.

Here's a step-by-step breakdown of the problem:

1. Identify and click the "Copy" button using ZennoPoster's Action Designer.
  2. The expected result is that the content would then be on the clipboard, but it's not.
  3. Since the clipboard is empty, I can't proceed to the step where I would save this content to a variable.
I'm looking for a way to ensure that the simulated click in ZennoPoster triggers the JavaScript event just like a manual click does, so the content is actually copied to the clipboard. If there's a way to execute or trigger the associated JavaScript function directly within ZennoPoster, that would also be a viable solution.

Thank you once more for your time, and any further guidance you could provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
You right but my question/problem is before this.

Thank you for your continued assistance.
I would like to clarify my issue further. The primary challenge I'm facing is not with handling the clipboard within ZennoPoster, but rather with the initial action of copying the content to the clipboard when simulating a click on the "Copy" button provided by Chat GPT.

To elaborate, when the "Copy" button is clicked manually, it triggers a JavaScript event that copies the content into the clipboard. However, when I simulate the click using ZennoPoster, this JavaScript event does not seem to trigger, and hence, no content is copied to the clipboard.

Here's a step-by-step breakdown of the problem:

1. Identify and click the "Copy" button using ZennoPoster's Action Designer.
  2. The expected result is that the content would then be on the clipboard, but it's not.
  3. Since the clipboard is empty, I can't proceed to the step where I would save this content to a variable.
I'm looking for a way to ensure that the simulated click in ZennoPoster triggers the JavaScript event just like a manual click does, so the content is actually copied to the clipboard. If there's a way to execute or trigger the associated JavaScript function directly within ZennoPoster, that would also be a viable solution.

Thank you once more for your time, and any further guidance you could provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
How do you check that clipboard is empty?

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
With Windows i can check by the key :
"win" + "v"

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
When you press copy button in GPT, the content is copied to clipboard actually.
Now, you should use my code to get it.

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
When you pressed copy buttin in GPT, the content was copied to clipboard.
That my trouble the content is not copied to clipboard

I am sorry i guess i miss something simple,

When i click with zenno on this button (manually or by action designer)
i don't have any paste/forwarding in my clipboard,

So for instance juste after i clicked on the copy button even if use your code i am stuck with something else than the content of GPT,
but i get the last content of my clipboard for instance ( what i did for the demonstration) :
"my last text"
What it is logic,) I just show this to demonstrate that i didn't have the gpt content which was paste

PS : If i copy the text by selection it, in this case it work it is paste to the clipbard but this is not the way i want to do

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
That my trouble the content is not copied to clipboard

I am sorry i guess i miss something simple,
Посмотреть вложение 115381

When i click with zenno on this button (manually or by action designer)
i don't have any paste/forwarding in my clipboard,

So for instance juste after i clicked on the copy button even if use your code i am stuck with something else than the content of GPT,
but i get the last content of my clipboard for instance ( what i did for the demonstration) :
"my last text"
What it is logic,) I just show this to demonstrate that i didn't have the gpt content which was paste

Посмотреть вложение 115382

PS : If i copy the text by selection it, in this case it work it is paste to the clipbard but this is not the way i want to do
When you manually copy text by selection, it copies to Windows clipboard, not clipboard inside zennoposter.
Please copy my C# cube into your project, run it after pressing the button in ChatGPT and check copied content in the variable from C# cube.
That is how clipboard works inside zenno.

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have now implemented what you suggested in your last message,
I try also by integrated directly your C# code into my project and ran it after pressing the button in ChatGPT to check the copied content in the variable from the C# cube.

But when I simulate this click using ZennoPoster, the content does not seem to get copied to the clipboard at all.
So i can transmit to a variable...

To reiterate:

1. I identify and click the "Copy" button using ZennoPoster's Action Designer.
  2. The expected outcome is that the content should then be on the clipboard, but it's not.
  3. Since the clipboard is empty, I can't move forward with the next step of saving this content into a variable.
My goal is to ensure that the simulated click in ZennoPoster triggers the JavaScript event just like a manual click does, so the content is actually copied to the clipboard. If there's a method to execute or trigger the associated JavaScript function directly within ZennoPoster, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you once again for your patience and assistance. Any further guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
I have now implemented what you suggested in your last message,
I try also by integrated directly your C# code into my project and ran it after pressing the button in ChatGPT to check the copied content in the variable from the C# cube.

But when I simulate this click using ZennoPoster, the content does not seem to get copied to the clipboard at all.
So i can transmit to a variable...

To reiterate:

1. I identify and click the "Copy" button using ZennoPoster's Action Designer.
  2. The expected outcome is that the content should then be on the clipboard, but it's not.
  3. Since the clipboard is empty, I can't move forward with the next step of saving this content into a variable.
My goal is to ensure that the simulated click in ZennoPoster triggers the JavaScript event just like a manual click does, so the content is actually copied to the clipboard. If there's a method to execute or trigger the associated JavaScript function directly within ZennoPoster, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you once again for your patience and assistance. Any further guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Посмотреть вложение 115389
Looks like I need to test chatGPT in ZennoPoster to find out how to deal with this issue.

• Спасибо

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Looks like I need to test chatGPT in ZennoPoster to find out how to deal with this issue.
Thank again a lot!
i you need i can send you by pm my template for the connection to CHAT GPT,

+
If any one use GPT by browser and not by the Open AI Key it will interesting to share knowledge, experience...

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: MehmetTR

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I wanted to follow up on my earlier queries about copying text from the GPT "Copy" button within ZennoPoster. After experimenting with different settings, I've discovered a simple yet effective workaround.

The key was to switch the 'Browser Type' from 'CEF' to 'Chromium'. By doing so, I am now able to copy the content directly with the formatting I need, which is in Markdown. Previously, I was facing issues with integrating the content afterward because the copied text would come in HTML format, which was not suitable for my needs.

For anyone else facing similar issues, here's what you can try:

1. Go to your ZennoPoster project settings.
  2. Change the 'Browser Type' from 'CEF' to 'Chromium'.
  3. Simulate your click actions as you would normally.
This simple change made a significant difference, and now the copied content retains the Markdown formatting, making it ready for use right away without additional conversion steps.

I'm sharing this in case it helps others who might be struggling with similar issues. If you're using ZennoPoster and need to copy text in a specific format from the browser, try changing the browser type. It might just do the trick.

Happy automating!

• Спасибо
Реакции: VladZen

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 2, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 2)