Parsing from a text file of usernames in to project maker

stallen

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi All,

Please forgive me if this has been answered before somewhere but I cant find it.

I am new to ZP so would appreciate any help if possible.

What I am trying to do whilst creating a Twitter project (experimenting to compare) is pull in usernames to input to the username field, and pull in password from a password field.

Now, I can create emails and passwords with ZP and they give me text files in this format '[email protected]:vSNs0kXCtm ' per line in a .txt file.

I can create a txt file with usernames one per line in this format: 'Alesia Mcclair'

Now, is there a way, or how do I set a macro up so that Project maker pulls in these fields from a txt file on my PC?

Is there a way to merge a text file with usernames to a text file containing email addresses and a corresponding password e.g. 'Alesia Mcclair' in one text file, merged with '[email protected]:vSNs0kXCtm' And then parse the results so that they go in the real name, username, email, and password fileds.

It seems so easy in my head,lol. But I just cant get the logical sequences and processes on to paper.

I think if I could create this or if someone has done this already it would be of great use to all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stallen

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы

stallen

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
It is better to advance in the PM combine data in one line.
To separate the string into parts, use the macro String.Split.
Hi Lightwood,

Wow, thanks for such a quick reply. very much appreciated.

'It is better to advance in the PM combine data in one line.' So, just to clarify, you mean. In PM (Project Maker) use the data you want to input i.e. username, email, password and put it in to one string/line?

'To separate the string into parts, use the macro String.Split.' So, once I have the data I need to put in to one line, separate the commands /strings in to separate parts using the macro String.Split?

Could you give me an example of the String please? Say I have three txt files. txt file one has the names, txt file 2 has the email address and txt file 3 has the password.

Thanks,

Stallen

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы
'It is better to advance in the PM combine data in one line.' So, just to clarify, you mean. In PM (Project Maker) use the data you want to input i.e. username, email, password and put it in to one string/line?
Yes, yes.

Use a file because Zenno can make a mistake, but your data to a txt file will not be "equal. "
Example:
password1 = mail1, but not equal nick1

Did u see this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8IP-B11XIg

If you do not understand how to make a single file and how to cut your login, password, email. I will make a template for example.

Последнее редактирование:

stallen

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes, yes.

Use a file because Zenno can make a mistake, but your data to a txt file will not be "equal. "
Example:
password1 = mail1, but not equal nick1

Did u see this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8IP-B11XIg

If you do not understand how to make a single file and how to cut your login, password, email. I will make a template for example.
Hi,

Once again thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Yes, I have seen the youtube video re making a Twitter app with ZP. Unfortunately I think the generated names are not that good. This is why I am looking at inputting my own usernames and emails etc.

I have managed to create a Macro that parses names from a text file and gives this result: {-File.GetString-|-\Names Generating Lists\1000 names.txt-|-random-|-false-}

Which tested on its own seems to work. So I guess to start working with strings on one line of Macros I need to do the same file creation to generate emails using the generated usernames and then save those details to a file.

Is the above file creation what you mean when you say 'If you do not understand how to make a single file and how to cut your login, password, email. I will make a template for example.' If this is not what you mean then yes, please make an example template if you could.

I really appreciate the help man.

Thank you very much.

Stallen

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы
I do not fully understand your problem ((
Now I think we understood each other.
All true.

I do not always know how to choose Russian expression for the English language.

stallen

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Again :-)

Thanks for everything. You have been really helpful. Trying to sort this out has helped me learn a lot about the program.

Your English is much better than my Russian :-)

Take care and cya soon.

Stallen

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)