Migrate a project to visual studio

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Folks, I'm trying to move a test project out of codecreator into visual studio. It seems very straight forward, but when I try to open the exported project in Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express, this is what happens...

1. The visual studio conversion wizard pops up asking me to do a conversion.
2. I select 'next'.
3. Asks if I want to create a back, I say sure. I select another folder to not confuse the issue.
4. Backup and conversion doesn't throw any errors - but... at the bottom in VS it's telling me the following:

Warning 1 Load of property 'RootNamespace' failed. The string for the root namespace must be a valid identifier.

Any ideas guys?

Also second question. I'd like to create my automation sequences as chunks in codecreator and then push them into a project within vs. Is the best way to just create the steps involved and then copy/paste into a vs project already in the works?

Frank

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey Frank,
Import of CodeCreator projects works only to VisualStudio 2008 and only under .NET 3.5

• Спасибо
Реакции: purush84

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Are you going to upgrade it to VS 2010 because that's what I have. Or do you know if we can downgrade our VS to match codecreator. I have imported a project and didn't get any errors. I did get errors with VS Express.

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Oooch. That's bad. But I can see why - probably what most of zp is created upon. I'll load express version 2008 as well (crossing my fingers, lol) but I'll look at how to migrate code to 2010.

Admin's is there any plan to upgrade all code base to 2010?

Frank

darkdiver

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
2 728
Баллы
yes, we are planing to migrate code base to the Visual Studio 2010 soon.
Also I tested on my Visual Studio 2010 Professional just open a project and convert to the new format, then rebuild the project and run it. It works fine.
Only one thing, the resulting dll should be targeted to the .NET Framework 3.5

• Спасибо
Реакции: bigcajones

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for testing that darkdiver. Much appreciated. I was wondering that but just haven't had the moments to do the testing.

Frank

nau310d

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
so with codecreator it's possible to create .exe bots?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

nau310d

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Compile is possible... not direct through Zenno however...

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
So it would run without a ZP installation? I'm strongly against this.
Another point: when can we expect encryption of template files?

willywonka

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
So it would run without a ZP installation? I'm strongly against this.
Another point: when can we expect encryption of template files?
So you complain that the files can be run on another app or an .exe file but you want encryption?

The software is for "personal use only" as the mods constantly say so why we need encryption?

If you are selling encrypted templates they will become useless at some point because no one can edit them. This is the same excuse I see the creators use over and over when people complain about no having the ability to create .exe files

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
.exe gets distributed like crazy (even more without copyprotection). If you are only able to run templates if you own ZP, it will limit the distribution by far.
And if you're able to encrypt them, you could give the template to your co-worker or even people who you know even less and you don't have to fear they upload it to rapidshare. Cause you could build mechanisms into it, to e.g. check for date, for a specific file online etc to make sure that encrypted copy of your template only lives as long as you wish. (maybe let it die every 4 weeks and give out a new version 2 days before)
You may see it different, but we are responsible for caring for the medium we try to make a living from. Too much kids+bots (or idiots+bots) and it will spoil the fun for all of us. I wonder how long twitter will last. Guess we will see it going down within 3 years (if the hammering goes on).

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

nau310d

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The truth is, in the end...ubot will win...why? Because you can compile bots and sell. Yes, zennoposter has more functionality than ubot right now, but when ubot catches on, it will win :/....

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)