is that possible to do this?

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
hi everyone, suppose i have many templates to update many weblogs over many hosts.
every template have some lists (i load my texts from them to update my weblogs) but sometimes i want to change addresses in list names. (same templates but different projects, so different texts to update weblogs)
for example i have a list and this is its address:
C:\b\Radiator\before body.txt
i want to change that to C:\b\myshots\before body.txt

when there is a template and a list changing this address is easy but when there are many lists and many templates doing this work take such a huge time of me.
is there a way to do this automatically? i mean to change all list's addresses? or should i change them manually like before :(?

i know always must be a way to do things.

qzen4i

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
hi everyone, suppose i have many templates to update many weblogs over many hosts.
every template have some lists (i load my texts from them to update my weblogs) but sometimes i want to change addresses in list names. (same templates but different projects, so different texts to update weblogs)
for example i have a list and this is its address:
C:\b\Radiator\before body.txt
i want to change that to C:\b\myshots\before body.txt

when there is a template and a list changing this address is easy but when there are many lists and many templates doing this work take such a huge time of me.
is there a way to do this automatically? i mean to change all list's addresses? or should i change them manually like before :(?

i know always must be a way to do things.
Hi, about change them for now i can`t say, but, you may do such, when you are editing a file, set project directory for it, then you may only replace your template, and the txt will go with your template, where ever you want, for an example, like this, for now i don`t is it possilble or not, but i always such method for ZP.

now when you`ll change the place of your template, the txt will go with you wherever you need, it`s more easy i think.

Вложения

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i know what u mean but it's not possible, i explain why.
for example have about 20 templates, these templates use same files to update weblogs, so it's better to have necessary text files in one place than copying them inside each template. do u understand what i mean? but now i have this problem about changing the destinations :(

qzen4i

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i know what u mean but it's not possible, i explain why.
for example have about 20 templates, these templates use same files to update weblogs, so it's better to have necessary text files in one place than copying them inside each template. do u understand what i mean? but now i have this problem about changing the destinations :(
Yes, i understand ofcourse, sorry couldn`t help you with it, because don`t know how you can do it)) wait for Rostonix, may be he something will say, by some action or snippets.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Just use Input Settings and set data file there.

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i didn't use this one before so i don't know how to use that, please help me, this is what i did (attachment).
but nothing has changed i mean the default text address. what did i do wrong? i must delete all texts and just use this Input Settings? if this is it, there is a simple way to delete all texts? if not, tell me what to do
i knew there is a way to do.

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You set value to variable in input setting. in your example (screen) when project will start it will save path to file to variable "Title"
If you want to use this file with list, then use List processing - Bind to file action at the beginning of the project. And remove path to file from list settings. You dont need it if you use Bind to file action.

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
as always it's hard to understand something new for me without example. can i upload my template and u change that for me based on what you said?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
here you go

Вложения

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i followed your example but nothing happened. please see the pictures.
for title i'll get the address of file not its content. what did i do wrong?
p.s: this file (title.txt) contain many titles and i want zenno to choose them in random, is that possible in this method?

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I wanna see settings of these two actions:

upload_2016-1-7_17-39-41.png

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
here you are, i remind u list 4 has nothing to do with list 11, list 11 is for titles and 4 is images (for my posts).
i wanted to test your theory so i tried to change the title variable as you said but nothing has changed, i can upload my template for u if you want me to do.

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Then you dont take anything from List11. You should take line from binded List in order to use the line from the list :au:

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
maybe i'm dumb, but i changed the list 11 to first picture. (i added as you said file path to the list processing)
but still the problem is unchanged, i have for title this address (C:\b\Radiator\Title-Update.txt), while it must take a random line from Title-Update.txt

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Attach your project please and mark the place where you wanna take random file.
You have an error there for sure

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
ok i finally got time to check this project again.
i attach my template here along necessary files, i'll give u username/password in private message.
just create a folder named "b" on drive c and put files inside radiator.rar file there.
because i have many many projects every time i must change text addresses for example:
C:\b\Radiator\Title-Update.txt to C:\b\Rayanonline\Title-Update.txt

and it's so so so so time consuming i just want to do this automatically but i did what you said and nothing happened.
another point to mention here, the template must take random lines from text files.

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
which question? please quote that.

qzen4i

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Последнее редактирование:
  • Спасибо
Реакции: sonatine

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
yeap, that's the same. i want to have a way to change the text addresses automatically, every time i create a new project i have to edit same templates just to change text addresses because every project has different texts and it's so time consuming.
it's very simple i just must change a word for example myshots to Radiator but we're talking about more than 100 templates and multiply that to 7 to know what i'm talking about :(

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
That's basic example

Вложения

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
damn me, i couldn't again make it happen. couldn't u please just edit my own template?
in that template every text files has this same pattern : C:\b\Radiator....
i just want to change them automatically to C:\b\myshots (for example) or to do something the template take texts from this address without needing to change addresses manually :(
i followed your test template but couldn't use that for this purpose, i know i'm not dumb but this matters are so complicated to me.
please just change my input setting, in my input setting u see title file i wanna take lines from this text but from different address, not to mention random lines.

sonatine

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i know something is wrong here, i took some screenshots again to clear this matter
first picture shows my variable table, second one shows text3 setting and bind to file action, but when i run the template all i'll get for title is text 3 address (as third image shows) but i want the project to take a random file from this text not its address!

Вложения

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
After 1st and second screenshot you need to use List processing - take line and put it to new variable. Which will be used when you fill form on page

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)