Different way to edit project?

britalic

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello, I was wondering what I can use to edit a project without using ProjectMaker? Is it possible to just look at the code of the project?

I explain, ProjectMaker is great of course but like with Frontpage that taught me many things about HTML by doing things and looking at the actual changes in the code in split mode or with Metapad, I would like to do the same thing, using ProjectMaker as a WYSIWYG tool, then look at the code in raw form, and try and change things that way, (that way I could use search and replace on big projects) just that when I try to open its files with Metapad it doesn't really like it.

So, what text-like software can I use to see the project code itself, or it doesn't work like that?

thanks for reading!

zortexx

Client
Благодарностей
1 223
Баллы
LOL

I guess it is impossible. You can try to unzip project and find out the structure and which files to edit, but it will take much more time to develop a new template. ZennoPoster uses format that was especially designed for it. So ProjectMaker saves the project in this special format (zipped XML).

As I understand you are trying to find a solution to save resources. There is a couple of known methods:
  1. C# programming.
  2. Make project on GET/POST queries.

britalic

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
thanks for your reply and tip I did unzip a project but didn't get much further except take a peek at the structure and the images too, but how would you make projects on GET/POST queries ?
if I understand the idea behind it is something to do with not loading the whole page in order to perform some actions, but instead, do the action itself, right? It might be beyond my capabilities, however maybe there's a way to avoid downloading everything each time, maybe some sort of caching?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
To answer your question. No there is no different way to edit project. Project maker is doing everything you will ever need. And if that is not enough then start to learn c# and you will be able to develop projects using c# what is programming language...
If you have any other questions just ask.

zortexx

Client
Благодарностей
1 223
Баллы
There are two actions in the ZennoPoster that you can use for it (exclude using C# code).
I use russian version. But I guess the structure of context menu is the same:

upload_2016-3-7_12-15-39.png

There are these actions. Place them to your own template to explore their possibilities:

upload_2016-3-7_12-21-34.png

It is not so difficult.

To get what to send you could use one of the HTTP requests sniffers: Fiddler, Charles, Http-fox or whatever you want:

upload_2016-3-7_12-28-59.png

• Спасибо
Реакции: britalic

britalic

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks guys, so much to learn! I remember picking up a book about C in 1980, then I quickly put it down to pick up a guitar instead!
But these screenshots make it seem very simple and sleek, I could get into this.

• Спасибо
Реакции: rostonix, Nick и zortexx

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)