[BIG TIMESAVER!!!] Speed Up The Debug Process

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It would be nice to have the ability to edit the template while debugging it.

Actually, if something went wrong we have to start from the beginning... Often we need new emails, passwords, logins etc. to debug again.

If it would be possible to edit the template in debug mode and to repeat the last step that failed, it would save a lot of time. We could double or triple our productivity with that...

sanind

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Agree... This will be great to have

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
by far the biggest time waste in ZP is debugging. While debugging you see, that they have maybe 4 variants of a button - now imagine this is taking place after account creation, email-verification etc, so you will have to do it step by step for each (or most) of the random variants... I lost days with this...

nau310d

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If you've broken your code into major blocks (Web actions) you can set any one of these to be the "First step".

Can save you a lot of time :-)

backlinks666

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
by far the biggest time waste in ZP is debugging.

I Agree 100%

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This is one awesome update idea. A must really. How annoying is it when you run a template, it registers ok and it completes the email processing but then fails on a step that comes after it when you want to setup your profile, change templates etc. During debug If we could edit actions and re-run them from that point on it would save all these headaches.

Please will someone at zennolab take notice of this one

The amount of time that is wasted going back and fourth running the debug again and again is unbelievable not to mention the fact you are using up more and more account details etc along the way.

Think about it, in my quick example above you could use one set of account details, run the debug step by step and re-run and edit actions that give you problems/errors along the way. In the end you will have ran the debug ONE time, used just ONE email, login, blog name etc and the template is debugged perfectly, ready to load into zennoposter! So much more intuitive and practical.

Anyone that has used the debug in project maker even once knows that this is just a excellent feature request that needs to be acted on as soon as possible by the developers.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yeah, Ubot does this and it is great to have the site right there for you when it stops. How about it guys? You want to move more to being like Ubot, why not offer this function also.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво и Boxcutter

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I agree with guys that being able to repair template while debuging it would be great to have...

It is true that debuging can be realy anoying when you have to spend quite few email account until you make it work like it should.

Another thing that is bothersome for me because i work all the time on something new is that i need to right click on branch and use edit, and then close it again...time wasting. It was much easier to deal with sidebar in V3, where you could quickly click through branches and check what are settings for each of them if you needed.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво и Boxcutter

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I agree, so much time I wanted this function in the middle of the template. Countless times I made template and everything was grate, but one little thing would stop me and I would need to get back to the beginning, and do it again all over from the start. Who cares whether or not Ubot have this function fuck them anyway, its useful and would make zenno much better product, so fluent to debug witch is the very big problem right now.

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If I had this other day when I was trying to click the fucking buttone I bet I would save something of that 9h was trying to click on it.

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This is one awesome update idea. A must really. How annoying is it when you run a template, it registers ok and it completes the email processing but then fails on a step that comes after it when you want to setup your profile, change templates etc. During debug If we could edit actions and re-run them from that point on it would save all these headaches.

Please will someone at zennolab take notice of this one

The amount of time that is wasted going back and fourth running the debug again and again is unbelievable not to mention the fact you are using up more and more account details etc along the way.

Think about it, in my quick example above you could use one set of account details, run the debug step by step and re-run and edit actions that give you problems/errors along the way. In the end you will have ran the debug ONE time, used just ONE email, login, blog name etc and the template is debugged perfectly, ready to load into zennoposter! So much more intuitive and practical.

Anyone that has used the debug in project maker even once knows that this is just a excellent feature request that needs to be acted on as soon as possible by the developers.
I don't actually thing this would be very big of the problem for them to develop, only thing they need to do its decide to do it, if they only know how much stress they would save their clients, I would pay for this function no matter what it cost.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Boxcutter

darkdiver

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
2 728
Баллы
If it would be possible to edit the template in debug mode and to repeat the last step that failed, it would save a lot of time. We could double or triple our productivity with that...
We have this feature in our plans. It will be implemented in the nearest feature after release.

P.S.
Another thing that is bothersome for me because i work all the time on something new is that i need to right click on branch and use edit, and then close it again...time wasting. It was much easier to deal with sidebar in V3, where you could quickly click through branches and check what are settings for each of them if you needed.
Just double click on actions to open settings. You do not need to use context menu each time.

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Just double click on actions to open settings. You do not need to use context menu each time.
Yes, i know i can double click on it in order to open and stuff...but you still need to click on it to close it, and when you are searching throu template, and maybe comparing some settings...It just takes aditional time for it.

That was my point.

Before i was walking throu template and just "click here and click there" and it was easy to check all settings, to copy something from one branch to other if needed...

Благодарностей
Баллы
Pro tip;

1. Ctrl+A, & then Ctrl+C key action setting field.
2. Ctrl+V key action setting into comments.

Comments can show 52 chars of information with a simple quick mouse over, a popup will appear (NO double clicks required).

With 95% of actions the key information is one: field, regex, file or logic. All of which easy fit into the 22 chars of the action comment that show normally in editor, and doesn't require a mouse over or a double click to read, it can all be read in the editor instantly.

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Pro tip;

1. Ctrl+A, & then Ctrl+C key action setting field.
2. Ctrl+V key action setting into comments.

Comments can show 52 chars of information with a simple quick mouse over, a popup will appear (NO double clicks required).

With 95% of actions the key information is one: field, regex, file or logic. All of which easy fit into the 22 chars of the action comment that show normally in editor, and doesn't require a mouse over or a double click to read, it can all be read in the editor instantly.
im already doing this, but it still doesnt make things much easier... Yes you see some info, but like in case when i wanna copy info from one branch to another i still need open-->copy-->close and again open-->paste-->close... in short run, this is not big issue, but when working on a biger templates, and working for many hours...than this gets quite anoying.

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво

darkdiver

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
2 728
Баллы
we did not forget about this feature.
but it is not so easy to implement it.
In any case it will be implemented.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво и bigcajones

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey darkdiver can you update us on the status it would be cool just to know, since its not cool sitting in the dark...alone. Say, "its 15% done and it took 3 more month to finish it at best"

darkdiver

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
2 728
Баллы
it will be ready approximately in a month, i can't give you more information.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Здраво и gemini

JackedUp

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Bump for this feature. This would be the most useful, time saving, improvement you could make to ZP in my opinion.

aranrond

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This feature will save a lot of time.

Jagmag

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This will be a really really helpful feature. I get too many surprises while debugging my templates. Please include this feature.

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yea, I'd like to know what's going on with this.

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
no no go away, "Kepperbes and co" are hated by dev team whatever you say it will be used against all of us, meaning we'll not get it...EVER!

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 706
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: JackedUp

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
no no go away, "Kepperbes and co" are hated by dev team whatever you say it will be used against all of us, meaning we'll not get it...EVER!
Lol, well my challenge was never taken up, so I can speak freely. This would be a great feature to implement. I've spoken with Darkdiver (who actually is pretty cool), and I knew that that one would be tough to add, even though he did promise it to us. I think with what were gonna get in 4.3.0 things will be awesome provided there are no major bugs still hanging around.

• Спасибо
Реакции: JackedUp

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)