Deathbycaptcha errors

mikelac

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've been getting tons of the following errors: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway

When contacting Deathbycaptcha, they claim that it is a Zennoposter problem.

But I am getting 25% of submitted Captchas getting correctly solved. The other 75% are returning the Bad Gateway error.

If it was a Zenno problem, then I would thing that 100% of submitted captchas would be getting the error.

Anybody else seeing this?

satyr85

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

mikelac

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for the reply!

Yah, I was pretty sure that it was a problem with Deathbycaptcha and not with Zenno. That is why I posted this thread instead of sending a message to Zenno support about it.

Well, I am about to add an if statement to my template which should solve the problem.

If the recognition result = 'The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.'

Then just have the template resubmit the result. I'll probably put a counter in the template so that it would give up after 20 bad tries in a row. Just so that the template wouldn't get stuck in an endless loop if it keeps trying to submit the captcha and constantly gets that error.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Small internal loop for captchas is really good idea in this case. Try to add pause between retries too. I use ~ 20 seconds.

mikelac

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Small internal loop for captchas is really good idea in this case. Try to add pause between retries too. I use ~ 20 seconds.
I've tried an internal loop and it doesn't seem to help. BUT I never put a Pause in before retries. I'll give that a try!

I had my loop set to 20. It would check to see if the Captcha result = "The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway."

If it got that 20 times in a row, then I just had it end with an Alert box with a message saying "Account creation failed because Captcha Service is USELESS!!"

But when it would get the bad gateway error, it would always use up the 20 tries and then fail. So, I increased the loop to 50 maximum. Now it just uses goes longer and fails after 50 tries.

I'll try a 20 second pause as you suggested Rostonix. I'll also change my loop to 10 max since it would take a long time with a 20 second delay between each try.

Deathbycaptcha has been totally unreliable and useless. When I am not getting the Bad Gateway error, half of their attempted solves are not even close to what the Captcha is! I could do a better job of solving Captchas myself with a blindfold on.

How do I mark Captchas as incorrect and send it back to Deathbycaptcha as an incorrect solve so that I'm not paying for their wrong solves?

As soon as my balance runs out, I'm done with Deathbycaptcha. They are horrible!!

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I used their service for a year now. Right now I agree, they are not that good :(
Switched to antigate.

You can parse captcha error from a page, if you have confirmation that captcha text was wrong you just use GET request and put to URL field variable from Captcha solving action for reporting wrong answer.

nitin2003

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I tried adding this step, but not able to do it properly. Can you please help with some examples?

Thanks
I used their service for a year now. Right now I agree, they are not that good :(
Switched to antigate.

You can parse captcha error from a page, if you have confirmation that captcha text was wrong you just use GET request and put to URL field variable from Captcha solving action for reporting wrong answer.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)